Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Fun


Summer has arrived...well, as much as it can in the Pacific Northwest! I so enjoy the warm summer days around here. Not a big fan of high heat -- or desperate cold, for that matter!

I think I've got a handle on the meal planning business...I think! Got 30+ pages of "info" (large font-filled pages) for my webpage off to my website creator Spice Girl G; tweaked the recipes to look more appealing (to read!); figured and added nutritional information to the recipes; re-did my meal plan packet; professionalized the forms and such that go into the intro packets; and generally messed up the side table with piles of papers! Next? Work with some clients!

Into the Vietnamese Kitchen: Treasured Foodways, Modern FlavorsNow, I'm ready to do some cooking of my own! My mid-life crisis has requested that I amble off into some different and fresh Asian inspired dishes...maybe it's my palate that is directing this shift from down-home comfort food?! Needless to say, I've been browsing a bazillion (yes, I do mean bazillion) food blogs and picked up a stack of cookbooks to peruse from the library and have found a couple that look promising...
Quick & Easy Vietnamese: 75 Everyday RecipesInto the Vietnamese Kitchen: Treasured Foodways, Modern Flavors, by Andrea Nguyen; Quick & Easy Vietnamese: 75 Everyday Recipes, by Nancie McDermott; and Asian Dumplings: Mastering Gyoza, Spring Rolls, Samosas, & More, also by Andrea Nguyen.

 
Asian Dumplings: Mastering Gyoza, Spring Rolls, Samosas, and MoreWhat else? Oh, yeah, with the slightly better weather that we've been having, I've scheduled some walks into my life. I have to start walking, before I can run, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment